Megumi's Smap Page

Hajimemashite, douzo yoroshiku! This is my new obsession! SMAP! So I started this unofficial page to share my thoughts and have some fun! Please do not post anything that is not Smap related, Ok terote Ok! Anything I deem as offensive, gets zapped.

Friday, July 01, 2005

About Smap

The 5 members of Smap are Nakai Masahiro, Kimura Takuya, Inagaki Goro, Kusanagi Tsuyoshi, and Katori Shingo. (Remember in Japan, your last name is stated first.). Former member Katsuyuki Mori left the group to pursue a career in auto racing. They are not the best singers, dancers, nor actors but they have a magnetic appeal and you find yourself fallen in love with their personalities. These men are probably the most famous in Japan but they are down to earth and IT'S NOT FAKE! Yes, they are superstars so they must be guarded but they also give of themselves. The more I see and hear, the more I want to see and hear!

The members are super busy. They have weekly television shows, television specials, J-dorama, movies, radio talk shows, magazine columns, concerts not to mention life! One of my favorite TV shows is Smap X Smap Bistro which airs weekly. The best way to described it is it's a variety show. The first segment of the show is two teams of two members cooking for the guest. The host talks to the guest about what's new in their careers while the other members are cooking. Then the guest picks which team's food they liked the most. If a the guest is a female, the winning team gets a kiss on the cheek. If the guest is a male, they give a gift. Then there are comedy skits and lastly they sing with either guest singers or one of their own hits. They are truly comedians but they also have superb acting skills!

Smap is best known for their singing and dancing! They have over 17 albums and many singles released with the Sample Bang the album, High Bang which are solo singles, and Kaizoku Bang which are remixes being release this month. Their stadium/arena concerts have sold out everytime with fans from all over the world attending. From my understanding, their concerts have lasted up to 4 hours! I haven't been to one yet but it is definitely on my things to do list!

1 Comments:

  • At 5/09/2009 11:41 PM, Anonymous marika said…

    where do u watch smapxsmap? ive tried looking for it sometime and I cant find it. I'll find unfinished segments bit nothing full.
    please answer if u still look at this. it seems like u made it a long time ago

    ps. katori shingo is my favorite too! I recomend the drama "bara no nai hanaya" with him in it. it was wonderful and u will cry. you can find it on mysojo.com.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home